Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we may collect your data
How we use your personal information
We respect your privacy. Beehive Research will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Beehive Research is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
- To carry out our contract with you
- To provide you with customer support
- To monitor and improve our services and to personalise our website for you
- To provide you with our industry insight and thought leadership content
- To keep you informed of any products, services or offers you may be interested in
- For internal research purposes, general website administration and demographic analysis of our customers
Will Beehive Research share my personal data with anyone else?
We will not pass your personal data on to third-parties for their own promotional purposes. We may share your information with trusted third-parties of Beehive Research to deliver and promote our services. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your data secure, use it only for the intended purpose, and dispose of the information in line with Beehive Research’s procedures.
View a list of Beehive Research’s sub processors here.
Under what circumstances will Beehive Research contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
How long will Beehive Research hold my personal data?
Can I find out the personal data that Beehive Research holds about me?
Beehive Research, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If we do hold personal data about you, you can request the following information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Identity and contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the GDPR Owner
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Beehive Research or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
Beehive Research accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility Bill from last 3 months
Website Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, Beehive Research Limited and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without Beehive Research Limited’s express written consent.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Beehive Research Limited makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Beehive Research Limited does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
Limitations of liability
Beehive Research Limited will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data
These limitations of liability apply even if Beehive Research Limited has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Beehive Research Limited’s liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by Beehive Research Limited’s negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Beehive Research Limited; or
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Beehive Research Limited to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Beehive Research Limited has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Beehive Research Limited’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Beehive Research Limited’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Beehive Research Limited.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
You hereby indemnify Beehive Research Limited and undertake to keep Beehive Research Limited indemnified against any losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by Beehive Research Limited to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of Beehive Research Limited’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by Beehive Research Limited arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions, or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to Beehive Research Limited’s other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, Beehive Research Limited may take such action as Beehive Research Limited deems appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
Beehive Research Limited may revise these terms and conditions from time-to-time. Revised terms and conditions will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication of the revised terms and conditions on this website. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the current version.
Beehive Research Limited may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with Beehive Research Limited’s rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Beehive Research Limited in relation to your use of this website, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This website contains links to other websites.
Beehive Research Ltd is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Revisions to this policy
Beehive Research will inevitably revise this policy from time to time but only ever to improve the way we work, and to ensure ongoing compliance with all legal requirements for data protection and security. Whenever we make any changes we’ll always post them on this page and the date at the bottom will show you which revision you’re viewing.
Please check back now and again to see if anything’s changed but you can also rest assured that we’d pro-actively communicate any major changes with you as well.
If there’s anything you’re no longer happy with, you are free to exercise your rights as we’ve described above but by continuing to allow us to hold your information you are accepting any changes made to this policy.
Registrations and authorisations
Beehive Research Limited is registered with Companies House. You can find the online version of the register at http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk.
Beehive Research Limited’s registration number is 6406164.
Beehive Research Limited’s VAT Registration number is 920 7689 07
Beehive Research Limited’s registered address is 9, Hambledon Hill, Epsom, Surrey, KT18 7BZ
Contact Beehive Research Ltd
We hope that we’ve been clear and that you now have a much better awareness of what information we store and how we use it. But if you’ve still got questions or want to clarify anything of what you’ve read, please get in touch with us:
by email to email@example.com; or
by post to Beehive Research, 2-6 Boundary Row, London, SE1 8HP
About these website terms and conditions
The ‘Website terms and conditions’ are based on Contractology forms available at www.freenetlaw.com. Contractology supply contract templates, including exclusive distribution contract templates, to businesses worldwide.
Last updated 23rd May, 2018